Most Interesting Facts About Narcolepsy
Narcolepsy isn’t left as a rare disease among the human race anymore, targeting over 7 percent population around the world, this sleep-triggering disease causes severe damage to the health of an individual. Narcolepsy can be defined as a disease which causes frequent bouts of nap attacks in an affected individual, even during the busy schedule in the daytime. There are several facts about this disease which is not known to a layman. In this article, we are going to shed light on all those important and interesting facts about narcolepsy and will know how this disease affects the life of an individual.
Here are few facts about narcolepsy:
- 1 out of every 1000 people around the world is affected by narcolepsy. This is only the officially recorded statistics, the real figures might be more as many of the patients don’t even realize that they have been struck by this ailment.
- As per the records, less than 1/4th of the patients of narcolepsy get diagnosed on the medical grounds and receive proper treatment.
- Usually, the common symptoms of narcolepsy include sudden sleep attacks, hallucinations, cataplexy, excessive urge to sleep in the daytime and sometimes sleep paralysis as well.
- It is perhaps unknown to a common person when a person gets affected by cataplexy during the phase of narcolepsy, then it’s known as Narcolepsy Type 1. Narcolepsy when affects without cataplexy is known as Narcolepsy Type 2.
- Narcolepsy is likely to affect a person between the ages of 10 and 30. However, narcolepsy can strike a person at an abrupt note at any age.
- Narcolepsy is a difficult disease to diagnose. Usually, the average time between the onset of diagnosis and the diagnosis is between 5 to 7 years.
- It is scientifically found that narcolepsy occurs due to the loss of a brain chemical called hypocretins. This chemical is responsible for the transmission of signals between the neurons in the brain.
Modafinil Tablets—Scientifically Proven Treatment Of Narcolepsy
There have been several claims by different pharmaceutical companies over the years about the discovery of medicinal compounds which could treat narcolepsy. Unfortunately, when those compounds were tested under clinical trials, the results of the trials never substantiated the claims made by the manufacturers of those novel medicinal products. However, a medicinal compound called modafinil was discovered later which passed the rigorous quality checks of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and was approved for the treatment of narcolepsy. Since the discovery, modafinil in UK has been widely recommended by elite doctors. Modafinil tablets work on narcolepsy by restoring the chemical balance in the central nervous system and establishes connections between different neurons. A person troubled by narcolepsy can buy modafinil from the online drug supplier. You can get this without any prescription and start with a modafinil 150mg dose in the beginning. Gradually when the user stops responding to the mild dose of modafinil tablets, then a higher dose can be considered.